Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Strand

If you were to call it the Boardwalk, locals would look at you weird like and keep on goin. You see The Strand is what its officially called. Really, there are even addresses of the houses I lust after each time I walk past. I mean, how absolutely great would it be to have the beach at your back yard and get to just get up and go woggin with the dogs (wogging is my version of walk/jogging). Of course the mortgage and property tax wouldn't be all that cool, in fact right now it would be quite a nightmare, so I will enjoy the Strand when I can.

I love knowing where the free parking is. If you go to the left (facing the water, or north to y'all with lead boogers) you can go up to the Marina and head on down to Malibu if you really feel like it, but just don't forget about the return trip. If you go the other way you can go past the Redondo Beach Pier and keep on 'till you run out of sidewalk. I tend to frequent the Strand between Manhattan Beach Pier and Hermosa Beach Peir; 3 miles round trip. This is my playground. You get great views of Palos Verdes Peninsula and Malibu if the ocean layer lets you. You get to people watch all you want, and you can over hear some juicy conversations. Dogs galore--Suzy likes that part the most, Lady mostly likes all the amazing aromas she comes across. It's home every time I go.

Manhattan Beach Pier. What a view.

Beach volleyball and lifeguard stations are not few and far 'between.


Hermosa Beach Pier and the surfer.

No comments: