Monday, August 20, 2007

The Cost of Avoiding Rush Hour Traffic on the 405

Wow. It's been 12 days since I last entered a blog. And the beat goes on...you know, the one where time just keeps on truckin' on. Ya, I knew you knew what I meant.

Where has the summer gone! It's the two week count down before the whole school time starts again. I know, most of you are playing your little invisible violins right about now since I had 8 weeks off already. But before you really brush me off, this year will be at a new school, and as it stands I will have to be commuting 40 miles each way on the most rediculous traffic ever, SoCal's 405. I have never been more than 20 min away from school so this is going to be a huge challenge, not mention the increase gas, wear and tear, and miles on my little bottom of the line Neon. At least I get good gas mileage. Until I actually am able to move down to OC, my life is going to start at the butt crack of dawn if I want to avoid the traffic, and maximize my time out of the car! I am trying to be positive and face this challenge head on and perhaps use it to my benefit, before I crack. You see, I am planning to get up at 4:30, yes that's 4:30 am, and be in the car and down in OC to work out at 24 Hr Fitness by 5:30. What does this entail? A lot of preparation!! I am going to be living out of a suit case and locker until I can manage to find a housing situation with two dogs down in the HB1st ward boundry. I am so happy that my new school's math dept has a kitchen-ette, because that is going to be my food prep area during the week. I am also loaded up on those EAS shakes and going to go the whole 12-week challenge to get my body back, and they guys drooling. ;) I figure if I am gonna be in this crazy commuting situation, I had better make the best of it and miss the morning traffic at all costs, all while getting back into my sleek, svelt self. I will have to do a couple trials runs before school starts. I will have to keep y'all updated 'cause this is gonna be interesting!!

No comments: