Friday, November 28, 2008

Vissicitudes of life and giving thanks.

It is long over due that I post to my blog. I see blogging as a digital journal to record things about my life for my posterity. I wonder what the technology I use on a daily basis will look like to my posterity.

My pre-Thanksgiving marathon nap during re-run DVD's has finally caught up with me and I am without the heavy eyes of sleep, despite the tryptophan turkey coma I should be in. Perhaps, it also has to do with the silly airmatress that has a hateful leak, and although the cold comforts the floor offers may be good from a chiropractors perspective, I miss my bed, and sleep. So I take this time to relfect and to write.

Life is fragile. Life is fantastic and fragile.

I am grateful for Thanksgiving. Not only do I love the holidays, but I love the time it gives to break from the mundane and busy of daily life to slow down and spend time creating memories with family. It also gives a time to reflect on all I am grateful for. I, for one, am not grateful enough to my God for all of the abundance in my life. I am not grateful enough to the important people in my life. I am not grateful enough for the trials I have in my life, and how they stretch me and allow me to progress.

So much has transpired since my last post. It almost feels like a lifetime as sped by because of the past year's vissicitudes. Had you asked me where I would be this time of year last Christmas, I wouldn't have even been in the ball park. I can't even remember if before my last post I even knew that I would be moving to Huntington Beach mid Feburary, 2008. I think I was aware of the possibility, but I don't think I knew it would be for sure. I 100% know I didn't know that I would have to look for another teaching position because the state budget cuts only allowed Irvine Unified to offer a two-thirds contract for the 2008-2009 school year and I needed a full time teaching position. I had no incline that the school I passed everyday once I moved to HB to get to the my 405 commute to Irvine would be the high school I am currently employed. I had no idea that I would have a pay cut with this new school, of which I learned only the day I signed the contract, and I then thought there would be no way I would return the next year until I found out I could take 24 credits of classes I taught at the local community college to move over on the pay scale next year. I had no clue that I would be blind sided with a 30-day, turned 60-day, notice to move less than a month after starting a new school. I had no clue what wirlwind of a trial that would become for the next 6 weeks, and that now it is almost a month that I have been in a new place, still in HB. Wow. Life certainly is nothing of what I would imagine.

Even the economy has made a crazy turn. Political frenzy from the Yes on Prop 8 campain to the presidential campains, and now a new President Elect, Barrack Obama.

One thing my dad always reminds me and what the scriptures teach, if we are living righteously we have nothing to worry about no matter how crazy things get in the world. It may not be easy but we have nothing to worry about. I know I worry too much, and I have been told so in blessings. I know that everything has worked out now that I am on the other side of the most recent trial that left me sleepless many nights during that wirlwind of a 6 weeks leading up to my current residence. Looking back, it was not easy and it may not be the situation I particulary want, but it all worked out. The Lord took care of me. he make sure, despite the ups and downs it took, that I am where I am supposed to be. My challenge is to accept His will and to press forward with faith and trust, and put off the natural.

I know I have much to be grateful for. I am grateful for the time here on earth to grow and progress and to apply the infinite Atonement my Savior provided so that I have a chance to change and repent and become more through Him than I could possibly make of myself.

No comments: