I don't think I could get tired of this bridge, the city on the otherside of it, or the parks and coastline all around it.
The coolest thing about this trip is that it all came together at the last moment. Dave martin connected me with Celeste whose brother in SF was so generous to let us stay at their place for the weekend, and Luce was able to come on a later flight as well. An hour before getting to LAX, Chad (Celeste's brother) found us a rental car for $15 a day!!! WOW! SF here we come! I love this city and I couldn't wait!
I get to LAX with an hour and a half waiting in the terminal. I was so ready to lay down and just sleep on the ground, but decided to keep my propriety and stay in the chair. I was dreaming of the extra few hours I had by getting an earlier flight into SF and all the places I want to see. I get into SFO, and my luggage didn't make it. What? My luggage didn't make it! You have got to be kidding! Then comes the problem of I need my luggage and no where to deliver it because Chad and Amber where planning to leave for Ventura county. Bummed out, I end up waiting a couple hours to to get my luggage on the next flight. I then head to the airbus to get the rental car.
Still fuming, and trying to calm down from my late luggage, all of a sudden I hear this Aussie talking and I look over, and almost yell, "I know you!" He looks at me like I am some crazy American chick. I then say that I'm thefish, and he says, "Yes, yes you are." And the rest is history! I finally got to meet Ricki from linkup! It truely was meant to be to meet on the airbus, and the way to meet was my luggage not making it on the flight.
The events of the conference don't matter to me. What matters are the wonderful people I got to spend the weekend with. From Chad and Amber being such amazinfg hosts and sharing Amber's birthday celebration and enjoying the singles conference stories, to Ricki and his great big personality and laughs, and of course Luce and Celeste who endured the ups and downs of a mid-singles weekend and just had fun! It was great.
No comments:
Post a Comment