Saturday, November 10, 2007

Its all about the earplugs.

I can't remember the last time I updated my blog. It really cuts into my blog time when the site is blocked from my school network1 I see that the last blog was the end of August. I have a lot of report on like teaching at a new school, the SF Singles Conference, SF Nike Half Marathon, Halloween. Now we are already coming up on my birthday! This seriously has been the busiest year I have had in a long time.

I started teaching at Irvine High and I LOVE the staff and administration! They are amazing people. They are very supportive and very personable. It feels great to be at a school like this. I feel like I am able to be the teacher I know I was, and kind of lost in all of the politics at the other school.

Now about this whole commute business. I get up at flippin 4:30 am to get on the road about 5 to miss all the traffic and go work out. Planning and packing and getting to bed on time are key. If I don't do these things, I am hurting the next day. It started off great, then I kind of hit the wall, and now I am ready to get back into my commuting groove and make the most of it! I like taking advantage of getting up early and working out in the mornings. I have had to get used to going to bed early, and proves to be a challenge sometimes, but its all about the earplugs!! Without those puppies i wasn't able to sleep very well. Now I can get up in the morning. The sad part is that i actually wake up at 5am Sat morning. This is how its gonna be until I figure out the housing situation. You do what you gotta do...until you don't.

No comments: