You may think your mom is the best, but I am sorry to brake it to you, but my mom is the best. My mom planned and pulled off the best birthday suprise. Sure it may be a couple days before my official 31st birthday, but that doesn't matter.
Today was a Sunday that basically when just as I thought when I woke up this morning. I had to rush to get on the road as quick as possible so I didn't miss the Sacrement. Being Veteran's Day tomorrow, two of the speakers were WWII Vets. I was very impressed by the 2nd speakers talk on faith, prayer, and the Lord's hand in the many miracles that allwed the bombing missions to be successful and that he returned home safe. I got more names typed up in my PAF files from the Guftafson side of my family. My visiting teacher brought me two cup cakes from Sprinkles. Relief Society reminded me that this Sat is our Christmas breakfast and craft at 9 am. The lesson was on strengthening families. I saw a good friend from Santa Monica who is engaged to be married in Salt Lake this coming March. And there was a mid-singles linger-longer after. It was veggies and dip and french bread pizzas, that are as good as it gets at church functions, and of course the bloody punch from the Halloween dance, which after gallons and gallons, I am in no hurry to see that punch ever again! Then Sister Wihongi takes my bag and purse while talking with a good looking guy, and I think I guess I will just get my bags later. Then Brother Wihongi grabs my arm and starts to announce it is my birthday while this amazingly huge coloful cake with curly candles and my name on it comes rolling out. I am told to quick blow out the candles before the wind gets my wish. I then look up and its my mommy who rolled out the cake! She got me! She totally suprised me! It was awesome. I am still tickeld pink at it! I was wondering what was going on when I saw this amazing cake; I mean, no one else ever had a birthday cake at linger-longer and I don't think I did that great of a job on the punch for the Halloween dance to deserve a special birthday cake. The cake was from King's Hawaiian, chiffon, whip cream frosting, passion fruit, lime and mango purree on top. Sooooo, good! The mango is the best!
It was so much fun!! It was the perfect place to share the birthday suprise and eat awesome cake. Thank you mom!
P.S.
I love the red velvet Sprinkles cup cake...but i think I still make a better cupcake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment