What a beautiful place I live in. Yesterday I found my new favorite bike ride from Manhattan Beach to Marina Del Rey. I just recently got a bike, and a dang good deal at that. The only problem is that after an hour and a half bike ride, my tookus was killing me. Its not that bad today, but I am sure if I got on that bike I would cry. No pain, no gain and if I don't get back in the saddle again, it ain't gonna get any better. Kind of like not going to spin class for a while and then going back and you are regretting ever not going to spin for the next 3 classes.
I love going to the strand to walk my dogs or workout. Today I did my wogging (walk/joggin) to get ready for my 2nd Disney Half Marathon, my 3rd half ever, and I love being able to just clear your mind and think. I started thinking about Dirt's discussion about contention and complaining. He talked about how his mission Pres. told all the missionaries in Seattle to not complain about the weather, and what a blessing that was to allow the Spirit to abide.
Then and there I resolved to not complain about being single. I have always tried to stay positive since my divorce, but I will be the first to admit that I have cried, I have complained about being single, and I have even gotten angry about it. I have never before made it my decision to not complain about being single. Right then and there my legs as I was jogging got lighter, more energetic and it was an instantaneous blessing of the spirit. It also dawned on me that no matter what point in life, weather single, married, children, no children, or whatever, it is important to get in the habit of not complaining to allow the spirit to abide and gain the blessings we are so in need of. Satan wants us to complain and become victims, rather than be proactive and use our agency as it was intended.
I have been given the compliment many times that I am always happy, always smiling, and multiple people have told me that I am the most positive, optimistic person they know. I cherish those compliments, and I do choose to live happy and spread happiness. But, I am guilty of complaining, and my past job situation and being single were the two hot topics of my complaints. I know it won't be easy, and I know I will falter, but I do resolve to not complain about being single. I hope everyone resolves to not complain about one trial in their life. I really believe that we will be blessed for it.
Oh, and Happy Pioneer Day!! I bet the Pioneers were counselled to not complain about the journey and their physical hardships.
P.S. Happy B-day D! Yes, I remember the first time I saw him in his Elvis garb on Temple Square and I basically crapped my pants. One of the few times I really was at a loss for words. I didn't get to see D sing 'cause I was making a bee-line to the ladies room and he was gone when I got out. No worries, later I found out he had to have been growing mold to enter in some kind of contest or something...that or he was producing his own penicillin, and I met Champ. Fun times. If you ever want to win at DVD Trivial Pursuit, you have to have D on your team. He gets all the music trivia hands down, duh right. He definitely has a way with words, and has since inspired me to start this blog. Ironically enough,he responded to one of my questions in his blog and sent me the link. I didn't realize he had multiple years worth of blog entries! Holy toledo. After thinking about it, I figured since I have the summer off I might as well start one and get all these thoughts down for posterity sake, or least it will prove valuable when I am old and gray and my memory fades. But hey, thefish can tell Big Fish stories...or maybe I already do! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment