This morning I was contemplating all that I am juggling on my plate, knowing it is only through divine intervention that I will be able to accomplish it all. I just kept thinking that things will be tough, but doable and I just have to keep plowing through and everything will work out.
Of course that was before finding out about the problems registering for 17 credits of math classes at Golden West College next semester, which i thought would be a snap, only to find out the hoops I have to jump through to make it a possibility. I needs these classes to move over on the pay scale to make up for the pay cuts i have and continue to endure this year. I cannot and will not give up. God gave me a brain and I am going to use it to the best of my ability. I am going to exhaust all my resources to make it happen, and supplicate to my God for the miracles I need right now to make all this happen.
Not only did I find out about the difficulty registering, but I come to find out sweet little Suzy Q was the most likely culprit of wetting my new roommates bed. Great. And she is frustrated, with a capital F! Yes, good ol' Suzy is stubborn and does not like the cold wet grass, and we have been blessed with lots and lots of rain as of late. Oh dear, now I have a frustrated new roommate, a potentially crazy schedule, a stubborn little dog who doesn't want to go potty on the cold wet grass on her own. I just hope I don't have to walk on egg shells in this new place I am living.
When it rains it pours.
I got a call from my good friend Rebecca who just gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She told me all about the delivery, and I was shocked to find out she had to have an emergency C-section. Wow. I did not see that coming, but I guess neither did she. I know that she was working on hyono-birthing her whole pregancy, and was planning on delivering sans drugs or epidural. Well, she got the drugs, and the epidural, and definately a c-section. Nothing as she planned, but she is just grateful that her son is healthy and happy. I know that Rebecca is a planner, major Red-Blue planner, but this is a big start in the un-planned and rolling with the punches with a grateful heart.
It reminds me that I am not the only one to go through upset plans, or craziness. I never thought i was, but it is nice to share the struggles friends endure. It doesn't seem so lonely then.
I am grateful for friends who call at the exact right moment. I was feeling so bad about Suzy wetting my roomie's bed and feeling overwhelmed at getting these classes taken. I was really down. It made such a difference to talk to a good friend and share her joy of her newborn son, and that she thought of me to call so soon after such a life enriching event, and then listening to my struggles and trials and worries from today. What a heaven sent blessing.
I love my friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment