Do you ever just catch yourself dreaming or imagining what life would be like married and a few little tots running around?
I do.
Maybe its my age, or the fact that that age keeps on changing but life seems to stay about the same, except for the details like what you eat for dinner, who you talked to, what you did over the weekend.
I remember when I was a younger version of me, I just took for granted that kids followed marriage and alla that stuff that gets you there, but I never really thought about the life that comes with kids. Heck, I think I took marriage for granted too.
Now I find myself dreaming of running on errands, dressing little bodies, cleaning little fingures and toes, going to the park, being more tired and frusterated and scared but oh so happy that my efforts would produce little giggles and little curious souls. I imagine family trips, holding hands with the love of my life and the father of my little ones while the childrens see things I take for granted for the first time, making it new for me.
This is what I look forward to. This is what I find myself dreaming about or imagining.
Yes, I know it will be harder than I can imagine, and it will be more joyous than I can imagine...and nothing can really prepare you for it.
I just look forward to this.
I am constantly told to hang in there. I don't feel desprate in any way shape or form because I want to be in the right relationship with the right person at the right time; it seems so cliche. I already tasted what an unhappy marriage is, and thankfully that ended 7 yrs ago, but I also tasted what it is like to start sharing a life with someone. I am sure I will look back one day and see that this whole time was necessary, but I have to say that if it were my will I would not choose to be single. BUT, at the same time it is my will to be in the right situation for time and all eternity this time, and I know this is God's will too...I guess it will just take longer that's all.
I am gratefull for this time to do things and have the freedom that singlehood gives me. I do, however, still feel the ache for a husband and a family. I know these are righteous desires, and I know I have a loving Heavenly Father that allows each of us to taste of the bitter to better savour the exquisite nature of the sweet, no matter how un-fun it is at the time. I also know that I will continue to feel this ache and desire until it does come to pass. I accept that, I may not like it, but I accept it. This is part of why we all chose the great Plan of Salvation and to experience the tests and trials of this life.
God's ways are not my ways. I have no idea what the BIG picture is. I know I am not God's only child and thus I know my experiences will not only benefit me, but other's. I also know that there is a refiner's fire at work not only in my life, but in the life of the one God is preparing for me, that our children may be more fully blessed. I am utterly grateful for that.
I have a strong testimony of marriage. I have said it many times before, but I think that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God because there is no other place that we can develope Christ like attributes anywhere else. No wonder we are told neither a man is not complete without a woman and a woman is not complete without a man. Marriage takes work, sacrifice, selflessness, forgiveness, meekness, love, charity, long suffering, patience...and when any of those attributes are missing the marriage will begin to unravel, and unless both are striving to develope those attributes, the marriage will not reach its eternal potential, and neither will each partner.
Not only do we develope these qualities for ourselves, for our marriages, but also our children. Yes, others around us, but I would venture to say that there is no greater impact on one's life, and one's salvation that that of the family and children.
There are no guarantees in life except one: the Atonement is enough. No matter what happends. Too often I hear divorcees in the church complain that they did it right. They were worthy. Sought out a worthy parther. Got sealed in the temple. And now they are divorced, perhaps with children. Some get angry at God, and feel they deserved better or use it as a justification to fornicate or what ever else they get themselves into. There is one eternal principal they are forgetting. Free Agency! We all have our free agency. We knew that choosing God's plan. We knew how wonderful things could be if every one chose righteously. We also knew that not everyone would, and that we might suffer because of other's choices. There are no victims in this world. We all made a choice before we came. But, as I said before, the Atonement is enough, no matter what happens. All we can do is choose to live righteously and seek for progression, and we will be blessed.
I know this to be true with all of my being.
I look forward to being a wife, and a mother. I know it will happen, and I choose God's will this time.
I rejoice in friends who have found a worthy eternal companion and are now starting a family. I love seeing people I've met getting married like Dan and Jaime, Rebecca and Bryce, Ana and Allen, Roman and his wife (sorry I forgot). I love seeing good men I have known like Mike to meet Bethany who was prepared to love him and he her. I love it. It makes me happy. These are such good examples to me and their diligence in finding their eternal companion, and in nurturing their marriage.
Marriage is a miracle. A blessing from God.
I wish it for everyone. I know it will happen with faith and patience. I also know that if we are not willing to follow God will, as tough as it may seem right now, it will be a tougher lesson if we choose our own will over His.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment